Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28, 2011

Hey guys. My post for today is going to have some good running quotes so I can clean out my inbox.... and I don't want to lose them. Now those of you who read my sister's blog know that she did a post just like this and I promise I'm not doing it to copy her... well... maybe I am... but that doesn't matter:). Anyway, here are the quotes.



"Running is a passion for me. I like to set new challenges for myself. The cool thing is, it's something you do yourself. I don't have 10 other guys blocking for me. I would love to have 10 other guys out there blocking for me, but it doesn't work that way. It's all about you. "
~Roger Craig, Former NFL running back



"It's the one thing that's mine. My runs everyday are my thing. It's my therapy, my hour to myself. Nobody can really take it away from me... It's such a huge part of me. I love to say that I'm a runner. "
~Summer Sanders, Olympic gold-medalist in swimming



"I just think running makes me feel more disciplined. It makes me feel more committed, to not only my job, but to life. It makes me feel I'm doing all I can do to be as good as I can be. "
~Michael Waltrip, Race car driver

Now there are only 3 but those are just the running quotes. I have a couple more quotes that I think are pretty cool.


"People are less intimidated when you are more like them, but are they more helped?"
~John Piper

Ok. Now that I got that out of my system, now it's time for the most important part of this post. My favorite Bible verses. As you should know, those are the most important.

Matthew 19:26 ~ And Jesus looked at them and said, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Psalm 119:11 ~ I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Matthew 6:21 ~ For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Proverbs 15:1 ~ A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.

1 Timothy 4:12 ~ Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Proverbs 12:1 ~ Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.

Proverbs 13:7 ~ There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; And one who makes himself poor, had great riches.

Proverbs 13:10 ~ By pride comes nothing but strife, But with the well-advised is wisdom.

Now obviously these are not all of my favorites because if I put them all up here I would be doing it till tomorrow. Have a great day guys:)



"The role of the will in sanctification: How intentional must you be to tear out your eye? Totally. It's never spontaneous."
~John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment