Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Apathy

Let me first start off by apologizing for neglecting my blog. Hopefully I'll start getting better. But what I really want to talk about is apathy. I am so sick of the apathy that is literally everywhere. It's in schools, churches, homes, etc. This includes me. Everybody just has this attitude of "I'm going to do what I want no matter what anyone else says." There's no consideration of other people and there's certainly not any consideration for God. We treat our language like it's nothing. I absolutely can't stand how people cuss and think it's cool. We need to start understanding that we were not put on this earth to "get glory, make money, and die." We're here to bring glory to God. And contrary to popular belief, it not suck all the fun out of life. It also doesn't mean that you can't do anything fun. We need to start changing this apathy. This previously unacceptable way that is now acceptable. When people lower their standards to get what they want or do what they want they're actually hurting themselves. So, why don't you let the change start with you? How you dress, talk, who you hang out with, etc. is who you are. Change the status quo... don't just follow the crowd... especially when that means lowering your standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment