Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm doing post for Memorial Day early because I don't know if I will have time this weekend.

Why do we celebrate Memorial Day? I mean really think about it. The first thing that comes to my mind is my Daddy and my grandpa. All the people in my family that have served and some even given the ultimate sacrifice. I think of all the soldiers who never came home, and those left to carry on and finish what they started. A soldier's honor is not about who wins the war... it's about how they fought. Bravely, self-lessly, courageously. That is how you earn honor. They fight for our freedom without expecting anything in return. And look at us, praising singers and actors for their great talents. Have any of them ever been willing to die for you? I'm not trying to degrade any of those people or offend them or anything like that... I'm just trying to make a point. Millions of people are dying to meet a certain sing/celebrity but how many people are dying to shake hands and say 'thank you' to a soldier? This is not something that I take lightly... there's enough people doing that already. It's time for us to stand up and honor those who have fallen, honor those who have fought, honor those who have been willing to give their life for you. Don't let that be in vain. Memorials are great but if there's no heart in them, no respect, no gratitude don't do anything at all. They put their heart and life into saving your freedom can't you at least say thanks?



Pray for those who are still fighting... and the families of those who are now resting. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment