Friday, March 16, 2012

"I'm not done with you yet."

Have you ever thought about why you're still here? Why you're where you are? Why you're doing what you're still doing? I mean, really think about your life. Have you ever wondered why God has put you in a situation? Recently I've been wondering why God has put my in certain situations. Why He has allowed certain things to happen that affect me. I've wondered why it doesn't stop. I've wondered why I haven't got a break. Tonight it finally hit me... almost literally. God isn't done with me yet. I've asked Him several times, "why does this keep happening? I can't take it anymore." But He's telling me, "No, Breanna I'm not done with you yet." He's gonna give me the strength I need. Something that has been really convicting to me is that when God was being beaten and spat on and being treated worse than dirt He didn't say, "Ok. That's it. I'm done. I can't do this anymore." He certainly could have, but He didn't. But now think about us. How many times do we say, "Ok. That's it. I'm done. I can't do this anymore."? Honestly, we all do that a lot. Why do we do that? Because we're weak. Why are we weak? Because we're looking for strength that comes from ourselves. We keep lookin' and lookin' and we never find it. You wanna know something? It's really, really hard to find something that isn't there. We have absolutely no strength in us. How dare we try and handle things on our own. How dare we try and play God. And you wanna know the saddest part about it all? We don't even know that we're doing it. We just think that we can do it. We can stand on our own two feet. But we really can't. So, when God says that He's not done with you yet don't say I don't care or I can't do this anymore. When He tells you that He's not done with you yet He doesn't tell you that you have to do it on your own. God never leaves you. He never tells you to do something in your own strength. Y'all remember my favorite verse? Matthew 19:26 says, "...With man this is impossible, But with God all things are possible." Don't get discouraged when it seems like it doesn't let up. You don't get a break. Because God's not done with you yet and He will give you the strength you need.

2 comments:

  1. This is very convicting and encouraging at the same time. I'm been thinking a lot about similar things lately. It really is amazing to think that God has a reason for the situations that we're in. We could easily be some child in Africa with no food or water and no education. But because God has put us in the amazing places that we're in, He has plans for all of us, even through the hard times that we go through. Now I sound like I'm writing my own blog post as a comment. Oh well. I guess that's a sign that I should post more often ;) Congratulations if you read this whole comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks:) That is so true.

    ReplyDelete