Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday...

Saturday may be my favorite day of the week. Especially now since it's getting warmer. And when Saturdays are warm outside us kids in hood have loads of fun. Today was no exception. Started at 8 a.m. this morning when I woke up and it became very obvious, very quickly I was not going to be able to go back to sleep. So what did I do? What any normal kid would do... (yes, I still consider myself normal even though it's not really true) I went downstairs, threw myself on the couch, covered up with my blankie, and watched The Waltons, Jessie, and Lab Rats. It was fun... although it took me a while to actually be full awake... my sister joined me on the couch about 10 and then our parents got up later... I thought I'd be a good daughter and not wake them up since they NEVER sleep in. ;) After we ate breakfast and got ready I headed outside. I called the nieghbors and they were gonna help me come and paint the swingset only the paint wasn't here yet so we just finished getting the old paint off... or... attempted to at least. It was all fine until my neighbors dog came over. It's just a little pug who doesn't bother us and he she wasn't in the way so we just left her alone for the most part. Well, we did for as long as we could. Then that stinkin' dog decided to entice Roxie (our other neighbors dog) to come under the fence and 'visit'. I wasn't amused. Roxie is still sort of a puppy so she has a ton of energy but she's big... The excitement concluded when I tackled Roxie and my friend picked up the puppy. I then took the pug home and Shane took Roxie home... or tried to. I ended up doing. Turns out a 6-year-old and an 8-year-old can't handle a golden retriever. So, guess who had to carry the dog home? Yep. I did. And that dog was heavy. Oh well... making memories;) Then we painted the swingset. Not much exciting there... although I did have to help Shane get his four-wheeler unstuck. You can see how dirty I got by going on twitter and checking the pic I posted. So that's how my Saturday went. I probably bored you to death with those very descriptive details but you know... I just couldn't resist;). Have a great night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment