Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a holiday that is very important to me. My Dad served in the Air force before I was born and went over seas to fight in Dessert Storm. Even though I wasn't alive yet I understand how hard it was for him to do that. A ton of my family members have served in the military and all of them make me so proud. I'm not only proud of my family but I am proud of all the men and women who have fought for this country and some even made the ultimate sacrifice. There is nothing we can do to repay them for that but, I think it's very important to show them we care. I am proud to call myself an American and I am pretty much as patriotic as they come. God comes first always and my country is second. I will always hold my flag high and wear red, white, and blue often. I will always cry when taps is played, as we look at the flag, and remember. I will always get chills when we sing our nations' anthem. I will always feel heart broken when only the flag comes home from war. To some people it's just going through the motions, but I have a passion for my country. I respect for those who fought because they have courage and honor I dream of having. I will always remember that this country was founded IN God... and never leave Him out because this is His country, not mine. We have a duty to protect and defend this country. We have a duty to support those who do. I want you to say before the day is over, I'm proud to be and American in this nation under God. That is my heart beat.


God bless America!

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment