Friday, January 6, 2012

God's Will

So, on my lunch break I though I'd do a post about something that has been heavy on me heart very recently. Some of may have heard and Jack Jablonksi (hope I spelled that right). He's a 16 year old hockey player who was recently paralyzed as a result of a check in a hockey game. I encourage you to look him up. He has a caring bridge site that can give you more information. With me being athlete this kinda hit home. I don't know what it is but I just have this odd connection with other athletes... anyway... It really got me thinking... I know that God is a very just God and He is beyond fair. I know that we all deserve to be in hell forever but God saved us from that if we accept Him. I know that bad things happen to good people for a reason. I know that if you are in God's will, all things will work together for your good and God's glory. So why did God allow this to happen to Jack? I don't know. Nobody knows. But God does. Jack's story has kinda occupied me for the past few days. I keep wondering why God did this. And then it hit me... to bring glory to Him. If you read Jack's blog you can see just how many people have already been touched by his story. I mean I really don't know anything about this kid or his family or his school but his story has touched me. I know that he's going through a really hard time right now. I don't want to take away from that but what's he's going through right now is part of God's perfect plan for His life. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." As humans we can't see how this is going to work together for good but God can. God will never give us more than we can handle. And even when it seems like we can't give any more Matthew 19:26 says, "And Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, But with God all things are possible'." Remember that God is a just God. He cares for Jack even more than his parents do and He will take care of him. My prayers are with the Jablonksi family and Jack especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment