Monday, January 30, 2012

Verse of the Day ~ January 30, 2012

James 1:2-4 ~ My brethern, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work that you may be perfect, lacking nothing.
How many times do we get discouraged every day? I mean if you think about there is at least one time a day that we aren't happy. Something didn't go our way and we get upset about it. How many times do we say, "I know this didn't go my way but God has a better plan." Unfortunately, not very often. We get so caught up thinking about ourselves. If something doesn't go our way we feel sorry for ourselves. But trials doesn't just include something not going your way... it includes deaths, sickness, and just hard times in general. But no matter what you're circumstance, count it all joy. God has a perfect plan for you and though it may be hard now, your reward is in heaven. Remember: we aren't to live for ourselves; we are here to further the ministry of Christ and glorify Him. We can't glorify God if we get caught up thinking about how bad our life is right now. God will never give you more than you can handle. Ever. So, no matter what you're going through right now count it ALL joy

2 comments:

  1. God's Word is such an encouragement!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I have 3 favorite passages and that is one of them! You made my day, breanna. Thank you so much. I needed that. Hopefully I will see you soon!
    Mary Shelley

    ReplyDelete