Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Wicked Mind

I am really enjoying my Bible class this semester. I am learning a lot. But what I love about it is that what we're learning applies to real life. We're not just learning this to get a good grade. The following is from my Bible book.

"Every human mind is deceitful and totally messed up. Therefore, when I was born, my mind was completely wrong about all things, but because it was deceitful, I did not know it. My own thinking both lied to me and tricked me into believing it was reliable. Sin had so corrupted our hearts that, though we were doomed and helpless, we did not know it. Romans chapter 3, verses 10-12, leave no doubt:'It is written, There is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become profitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.'"

We need to be constantly reminded that we have wicked minds. We can justify anything we do by our minds. That's why it is vital that we ask  beg God to guide us. We should desire to honor God in all things and we can't do that in our own strength and our own mind.

1 comment:

  1. Very true! Glad to see what God is doing in your life!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete