Friday, January 27, 2012

Verse of the Day ~ January 27, 2012

Romans 1:16-17 ~ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

Are you ashamed of God? You probably thought something like, "Of course not!" or "Are you serious?". I am being completely serious. How many times are we ashamed of God? I mean really think about it. I'm rephrase that same question. How many times do we not stand up for God? Does that make more sense? I hope so. Being ashamed of God is the same thing as not standing up for your faith or even denying your faith. How can we be ashamed of someone who saved us? Because we're human. We naturally hate God. We would rather fit in with the people around us than honor God. This sounds really harsh but I think you have to agree with me that's it's true. I think that every person at least once has been ashamed of God. I know the verse says that "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ" but I wanted to take that a step further. Paul was not ashamed. He dedicated his whole life to serving the Lord. Why can't we do that? We can. We have the power in the strength of God to live for Him and not be ashamed. This is a decision that we have to make. So again I ask you, are you ashamed of God?

2 comments: